Attractive returns with your choice of risk level
Fund creditworthy borrowers and receive the returns you want by making your money work harder for you now.
By investing through our platform, you:
- invest in a higher-yield alternative asset class, typically secured by a registered mortgage over the borrower’s property
- invest in approved loans to creditworthy borrowers
- can invest the full loan amount, or in a fractional share of the loan together with other investors – the choice is yours
- can receive regular monthly cashflow for the duration of the loan term, subject to the terms of the investment
- can diversify your investment portfolio yet retain absolute control over which loan, how much and what borrower types to fund
Simple. Fast. Secured.
SimpleStraightforward, online process
Once you’ve registered with us as an investor, investing is easy. Simply follow the process to complete your eligibility and investor risk profile, if you so choose. We will notify you when there are loans that match your stated investment requirements.
FastSeamless matching with your investor risk appetite
We will match your investor risk profile to any approved loan that fits your stated criteria. You will be sent a notification with access to the relevant loan details for review so you can decide whether or not to proceed with the investment opportunity.
You may choose to fund a portion of the loan or elect to fund the full loan amount.
A secured asset over every loan
Typically, loans are secured by a registered mortgage over property or assets. Each mortgage is individually registered in the name of Magna Trust Company Limited as trustee, with each investor recorded as a beneficiary for their fractional share of the loan and underlying security. Your investment funds are deposited into a dedicated trust account used specifically for funding the loan you elected to contribute towards.
- A fractionalised loan is divided into multiple, smaller amounts. This allows multiple investors to take part in a loan, each with their own fractionalised stake.
- Zagga fractionalises loans into $1,000 amounts which means investors can invest anything from as little as $1,000 to the full loan amount, depending on your investment risk appetite.
- Fractionalisation allows you to control your exposure to risk and to diversify your portfolio by investing smaller amounts across a variety of borrower types, loan purposes and terms.
- It also means that your fractional interest in both the loan and the security, is recorded in your name within the Trust that holds each registered mortgage.
- Your investment funds are not pooled; they are allocated specifically and exclusively to the loans to which you were matched and committed to fund.
- At any time, investors can choose to fund the full amount of a loan even if it has already been partially funded. When this happens, those investors who have already committed to a fraction of the loan will be released from their commitment to invest in that particular loan.
Please note that all investments carry some degree of risk, and generally higher rates of return are associated with higher risk of loss of capital invested or investment returns.
Zagga acknowledges the risks of investing and has put in place a number of checks and controls to minimise investors’ exposure to risk. This includes the rigorous screening of borrowers, including their credit history, to determine ability to service debt. We also proactively manage loans and take immediate action if a borrower fails to meet their repayment obligations. We further reduce risk by securing all loans over assets, typically first mortgages over property.